Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Still in the states.. for now

So.. Tonight is the last night before we leave. I think it is just hitting me now that I am leaving the country for the first time ever. I'm almost all packed, still a few things here and there but for the most part all packed. My suitcase is huge, makes it look like I am moving to France instead of visiting for a week. But I promise Prof Banis it is light :)

I plan on staying up as late as possible and waking up very early so I will sleep on the plane, not as if I would sleep the night before anyway. I got a very comfy neck pillow, so hopefully it'll keep me from trying to sleep on the person next to me's shoulder. Everyone keeps asking me if I am afraid of the flight, of flying over the ocean. My family has traveled a lot and always brought my brother and I so I have never had a problem with planes. But I have had the problem lately with forgetting my parents are not coming with me on this trip. I keep forgetting and going to ask my dad what time we have to be at the airport and then I realize they're not coming, a little weird. But definitely exciting.

I am most excited about the shopping and the things I will experience and also the pictures I will have. My dad has been out of the country a few times for work and he told me that this trip will change my outlook for the rest of my life. He said once you see another country outside your own; where they speak a different language and have a completely different culture, it opens up your eyes to see things a way you've never seen them. So I am really excited because I have a strong interest in travel and this will definietly ignite that flame.

I am going to try to relax and make a thousand more lists so I do not forget anything. Talk soon when I am finally out of the US. Au Revoir


" Travel is the only thing that you can buy, that makes you richer."

                                         
                                                                                                       From Boston, Nikole Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment