Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Nerves Kickin' In!

My first flight out of the United States departs in just over 24 hours. Anxiety over the flight has clouded my well-being these past few nights; packing. double checking, and restless nights have consumed my existence. I've been telling everyone that I'm going to Paris soon, however I'm not sure if I am more excited or more thankful for this experience. Both of the career paths that I want like to pursue in my life thrive in the heart of France. This trip will greatly expand my knowledge on the fashion industry and the busybody life that accompanies it. I can hardly wait to get a taste of the warm, crunchy-soft piece of French bread. Prof. Banis has gotten me ecstatic for the gelato!

I cannot wait to step foot off that plane an acknowledge that I have safely arrived in another country several miles from my own. I cannot wait to bend my neck to the top of the Eiffel Tower at night and understand why Paris is the "City of Lights". I wait here, on the floor of my New Hampshire home, and smile at the thought of all the aromas i will smell walking past the Cafes.

I'm so excited to come home from this trip and share pictures and stories of my first experience in another country. I already know the language barrier will be difficult, however I know that that will be the first thing my family asks me when I return home, "Did you understand anything?"

Au Revior, mon amies!
Maeg

No comments:

Post a Comment