Saturday, May 19, 2012

Crisis averted!!

With everything going so well, something was bound to happen. Everything has been grand, and we have been seeing everything and eating everything in sight. The food here is delicious and the people can be either extremely nice or oddly rude. There are many more people that speak English than expected and anyone who doesn't gets a great mime act. It really is quite entertaining. So we have been in France for 3 days now and everything has been fantastic, a few minor mishaps but everything has been sorted and everyone has been found. Including the loss and great findings of my mobile.

To make a long adventure a short story, I had realized on the way out of the garden at Versailles that I didn't have my mobile. It seemed like something to panic about, so I did exactly that. Emily, and I went back to search, it felt like a giant hunt for a needle in a haystack. At one point it made sense to backtrack through our photos to see when the last area I had my mobile, it worked. We found that I still had my phone when we had taken a picture near a large tree. We ran back to the tree, and my mobile was nowhere in sight, we asked about five different workers and only one was actually any help. At many points they kept telling me to call it, to bad it was on airplane mode. So after a grueling two and a half hour search we went around and asked everyone we had asked before and one young gentleman was a great help, he walked over to anyone who would listen. He found out that someone had found and IPhone! Come to find it was mine! After all of that Emily and I made it back to the hotel and met up with everyone phone in hand!


Other than averting the mobile crisis, everything was fantastic! Lunch and dinner was delicious, Versailles was beautiful, the gardens were such a sight, and The hamlet was adorable to say the least! It was great getting to see all of these historical sights in such great time! The Eiffel tower was just as Eiffely as I'd imagined if not more! The Arch de Triomphe, what a sight what a sight, and being able to see it right from our hotel feels like such a privilege. And The Louvre was far beyond fantastic! Everything we have seen so far is such an experience to be had that I am trying to make the most out of every last minute. So besides loosing ourselves in the experience, and anticipating all that is to come I end this entry with a Bonne nuit! Good night my dear friends, till my next entry! Sending love from Paris! <3 Jessica Ferraro


No comments:

Post a Comment