Tuesday, May 22, 2012

L'empire de la mort

Today we experienced something I have always wanted to do; Today we visited Paris' catacombes. I have always thought the catacombes seemed facinating, and have been interested in their history. The walls of underground tunnels are lined with thousands of bones, moved from a cemetary to stop the polution they caused to Paris's water. While I understand that things like the catacombes may not be everyones's cup of tea, I think they were facinating. It was amazing to see the enourmous amount of bones in the tunnels, and how packed in they are. I love ghost stories, and macabre themes, and so finally getting to see the catacombes up close, after wanting to see them for so long, was amazing. I felt very Anne Rice-esqe, and I was loving every second of it. Later we visited the Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton exibit. I loved seeing the origional Louis Vuitton trunks that they had on display. Marc Jacobs is one of my favorite designers, so I really loved having the opertunity to see some of his work. We were not supposed to take photographs, but I tried to anyway. Every time I did the same guard would come out of the shadows and scold me for it, in French. My favorite part of the exibit was Marc Jacobs' indpiration boards, which covered several walls with pictures and videos of things that inspire his designs. As a fan of his work it is facinating to me to see where his ideas stem from. Catie Meehan


No comments:

Post a Comment