Sunday, May 27, 2012

Paris, Je T'aime

...and a plethora of memories. Over the last few days, I have been looking through my France photos, and recalling all of our activities and adventures. The pictures are like memory joggers that get the story going.

When people ask me what I did in Paris, I say "everything." I'm amazed at how much we were able to do and see (and eat!). Of course, our busy days meant we sometimes didn't get as much free time to wander about, because we were always on the move, but on the other hand, we saw so much of the city. Catie commented that the EF Tours would be a great crash course for people who have just moved to the city, and she's right. We got to cross a bunch of major landmarks and attractions off the typical tourist's to-do list, and we became pretty familiar with our surroundings and the Metro system and the way things work.


The last few days of our trip were particularly memorable and filled with fabulous activities. We saw some beautiful couture fashions when we met with new designer Claudine Ivari, and I loved the Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton exhibit. Another favorite excursion was the boat cruise on the Seine. We saw all the major sites in the heart of the city, and taking the tour at night proved particularly picturesque: we truly got to see the City of Lights, including the Eiffel Tower alight and twinkling.

It's still unreal that I just got back from Paris. There were so many memorable moments, from the great (touring the gardens of Versailles), to the small (trying my first macaroon). As Catie put it, "We Franced."


From Boston,
Stephanie Ebeling

No comments:

Post a Comment