Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Paris Departure

Today is finally here! I cannot believe it! We are leaving for Paris in ten hours, it doesn't seem real! I am a huge procrastinator, I will be spending all of today packing and getting organized. This is my first time leaving the country I am nervous, excited, anxious..every emotion you can feel! I am most nervous for the plane ride, once I hit the ground safely I will be overwhelmed with excitement! I cannot wait to take in the city of Paris, learn about their culture and try their amazing food! I will for sure be on the lookout for macaroons and chocolate. 

I am looking forward to experiencing the sights of the Eiffel Tower, Versailles  and the Marc Jacobs exhibit. It will definitely be amazing to see all of this. I have always wanted to travel, and Paris is a place that has always been on my list! I am very grateful that I have been given the chance to travel there- at the perfect time to kick off my senior year.  

The only difficulty for me will be speaking and understanding the language, I have no French speaking experience what so ever! I want to learn to order off a menu, ask for directions and introduce myself. My French skills start and end at Bonjour.

Talk to you guys next time, in Paris!

-Abbie Paklos

No comments:

Post a Comment